Yes, it is possible to add custom CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) to your Wix website. CSS is a programming language that is used to style and layout web pages. By adding custom CSS to your Wix site, you can create unique design elements and customize the look and feel of your website.
There are a few different ways to add CSS to your Wix website:
Exciting update! We've collaborated with Wix to offer WBI users with a free plan for all website creation needs - Explore the details here.
Method 1: Using the Wix Style Editor
- Go to the Wix editor and click on the “Design” tab in the left panel.
- Scroll down to the “Advanced” section and click on the “Custom CSS” button.
- A dialog box will open, allowing you to enter your custom CSS code.
- Type or paste your CSS code into the box and click “Apply” to add it to your website.
Method 2: Using the Wix HTML Code Element
- Go to the Wix editor and click on the “Add” button in the left panel.
- In the “Advanced” category, click on the “HTML Code” element.
- A dialog box will open, asking you to enter the HTML code you want to add to your site.
- To add CSS to your website, you can wrap your CSS code in a <style> tag and add it to the HTML code element. For example:
<style> /* Your CSS code goes here */ </style>
- Paste your CSS code between the
<style>tags and click “Apply” to add it to your website.
Method 3: Using the Wix Corvid Editor
- To use the Corvid editor, you will need to activate it in your Wix account. Once it is activated, you can access the Corvid editor by clicking on the “Dev Mode” button in the top menu of the Wix editor.
- In the Corvid editor, you can add custom CSS to your website by creating a CSS file and linking to it in the HTML of your site. Here’s how to do it:
- In the Corvid editor, click on the “Files” tab in the left panel.
- Click on the “New File” button and select “CSS” from the dropdown menu.
- A new CSS file will be created. You can add your custom CSS code to this file by clicking on it and typing or pasting your code into the editor.
- To apply the CSS to your website, you will need to link to the CSS file in the HTML of your site. To do this, go to the “Pages” tab in the left panel and click on the page you want to add the CSS to.
- In the page editor, click on the “HTML” tab in the top menu.
- Add a
<link>tag to the head of the HTML file, pointing to the CSS file you created. For example:
<head> <link rel="stylesheet" href="/files/