If you have a Google Domain, you can use it with Squarespace. To connect your Google Domain to Squarespace, you’ll need to add it to your site and then set up DNS records.
DNS records tell browsers where to find your website’s content. You can add and manage DNS records for your Google Domain through the Google Domains site.
If you’re not sure whether you have a Google Domain, check with your domain provider. Many domain providers offer a free year of service when you purchase a domain from them.
To connect your Google Domain to Squarespace:
- Log in to your account and enter the Domains panel.
- Click Add Domain, then click Connect Domain.
- Enter your domain name and click Continue.
On the next page:
- Select I Already Have This Domain and click Continue.
- In the Nameservers section, select Custom. Doing this lets you use Squarespace’s DNS records with your Google Domain.
- Add these four DNS records:
- For @ or blank, enter: 220.127.116.11
- For www, enter: 162.137
- For * or blank, enter: 162.137
- For [yourdomain], enter: 18.104.22.168
Yes, you can connect a Google domain to Squarespace. You will need to add it to your site and set up DNS records in order for the connection to be complete.