Dropshipping is a business model in which e-commerce entrepreneurs sell products without having to carry any inventory. When a store owner receives an order from a customer, they simply contact the supplier, who will then ship the products directly to the customer’s door. Dropshipping apps like Oberlo let you add products from various suppliers into your Squarespace store so that you can start selling without any hassle.
The Pros of Dropshipping on Squarespace
There are several advantages to dropshipping on Squarespace:
- You can start selling immediately: All you need to do is find a dropshipping supplier and add their products to your Squarespace store. You don’t have to worry about creating or shipping products yourself.
- It’s easy to get started: You don’t need any experience or expertise to start dropshipping.
All you need is a Squarespace account and an Oberlo account.
- You don’t need much money: Because you don’t have to buy products in advance, you can start dropshipping with very little money. In fact, you can even start dropshipping on a free Squarespace trial.
The Cons of Dropshipping on Squarespace
Of course, there are also some disadvantages to dropshipping on Squarespace:
- You have less control over the shipping process: When you dropship, you rely on your suppliers to ship your products on time. This can be a problem if they regularly experience shipping delays or other issues.
- You may need to invest in additional plugins:: While Oberlo is the best app for sourcing products and adding them to your Squarespace store, it doesn’t offer all of the features that some larger ecommerce platforms have. For example, if you want customers to be able to filter products by size or color, you may need to invest in an additional plugin.
- You may face competition from other dropshippers: : Because dropshipping is so easy to get into, there may be a lot of competition in your niche from other store owners who are also dropshipping. This can make it difficult to stand out from the crowd.
Conclusion : Overall, dropshipping is a great way to get started with ecommerce with very little money and no experience. However, it’s important to be aware of the potential downsides of dropshipping before getting started.
While this can be a great way to get started in ecommerce, it’s important to be aware of the potential pitfalls of dropshipping on Squarespace. First and foremost, Squarespace is not built for dropshipping businesses. This means that there are certain features that you’ll miss out on, such as automated order fulfilment and inventory management.
Additionally, Squarespace’s transaction fees are higher than those of other ecommerce platforms. This is because Squarespace charges a flat fee per transaction, rather than a percentage of the sale like most other platforms.
Finally, it’s worth noting that Squarespace doesn’t have the same level of customer support as dedicated ecommerce platforms. This can be frustrating if you run into problems with your store or need help troubleshooting an issue.