WooCommerce is a powerful eCommerce platform that allows you to sell anything, anywhere. It’s flexible and easy to use, and it’s become one of the most popular eCommerce platforms on the web.
If you’re selling products on WooCommerce, you may need to change the category of a product from time to time. For example, if you sell a product in the “Clothing” category and then decide to move it to the “Shoes” category, you’ll need to change the product’s category.
Changing a product’s category in WooCommerce is easy to do. Here’s how:
- Log into your WooCommerce account. The first thing you’ll need to do is log into your WooCommerce account. If you don’t have a WooCommerce account yet, you can sign up for one at WooCommerce.com. Once you’re logged in, you’ll be taken to your Dashboard.
- Go to Products > All Products. On the left-hand side of your Dashboard, you’ll see a menu. From this menu, go to Products > All Products. This will take you to a page where all of your products are listed.
- Hover over the product you want to edit and click Edit. Find the product whose category you want to change and hover over it. Then, click on the “Edit” button that appears.
- Scroll down and find the Product Categories section. Once you’re editing a product, scroll down until you find the “Product Categories” section. This section allows you to assign one or more categories to a product.
- (Optional) Uncheck the current category/categories. If you want to change the product’s primary category, first uncheck the current primary category. To do this, simply click on the checkbox next to the category name so that it is no longer checked. You can also uncheck multiple categories if you want to remove a product from multiple categories.
- (Optional) Check the new category/categories. Now that you’ve unchecked the current category (or categories), it’s time to check the new category (or categories) that you want to assign to the product. To do this, simply click on the checkbox next to the category name so that it is checked.
- (Optional) Change the default sort order. If you have multiple categories assigned to a product, you can choose which category should be its primary category by changing the “Default Sort Order.” To do this, simply click on the drop-down menu next to “Default Sort Order” and select the desired category from the list.