Deploying a Node.js app on DigitalOcean is easy.
1. First, create a new Droplet. Select Node.js as the programming language and Node.js 8 as the version.
2. Next, choose a size for your Droplet. We recommend a size of 1GB for a small Node.js app, 4GB for a medium Node.js app, and 10GB for a large Node.js app.
3. Once your Droplet is created, log in to the Droplet and use the following commands to install the necessary software:
These commands will install the Node.js and npm software, and then start the Node.
js app. You can visit your app’s URL to check that it is running.
To deploy your app to a remote server, use the following commands:
git push origin my-app
This command will push the code for your app to a remote server. You can also use the following command to view the code for your app:
git checkout my-app
This will take you to the code for your app, and you can make changes to it. When you’re finished, use the following command to commit your changes and push them to the remote server:
1. Choose a droplet size that is appropriate for your node app. If your app is very large or has a lot of traffic, you will need a larger droplet size.
2. Create a new droplet on DigitalOcean and select the “One-click Apps” tab.
3. Scroll down and select the “Node.js” option under the “Developer Tools” section.
4. Follow the instructions on the following page to set up your node app on the droplet.
5. If you have not already done so, you will need to set up a domain name for your app. You can do this through DigitalOcean or another provider such as Namecheap or GoDaddy.
6. Finally, you will need to configure your DNS settings to point to your new droplet’s IP address.
This will push the changes to the remote server. You can also use the following command to view the changes that have been made to your app:
This command will show you the differences between the code on your local machine and the code on the remote server.
When you’re ready to deploy your app to the public internet, use the following command to create a new public IP address for your app:
DigitalOcean create droplet –ip
This command will create a new Droplet with the specified public IP address. You can then use the following commands to deploy your app to the Droplet:
This will push the code for your app to the remote server.
You can also use the following command to view the code for your app: