If you don’t have a Linode account, you can create one here. Once you have a Linode account, you can create a token by following these instructions.
To create a Linode token, follow the steps below:
1. Log in to your Linode Cloud Manager account and click on your username, which can be found at the top of the screen. From the menu that will appear, select “API Tokens” under the My Profile section.
2. The API Tokens tab will then be displayed on the My Profile page.
3. The next step is to create a Personal Access Token. To do this, click on the “Create A Personal Access Token” button.
4. This will display the Add Personal Access Token panel. Enter a description for the new token in the Label field to easily identify its purpose and set an expiration timeline in the Expiry field. After that, choose the desired Access Level (None, Read Only, or Read/Write) for each service.
6. Finally, scroll down and click on the “Create Token” button once you have finalized the details of your Personal Access Token.
7. A pop-up window will then appear containing your Personal Access Token. You can get a copy of this by clicking on the “Download” or “Copy” icons on the right side of the Personal Access Token field. Once done, click on the “I Have Saved My Personal Access Token” to confirm.
8. And there you have it! You have now created a token in Linode, which you can check under the API Tokens tab on the My Profile page. Congratulations!