WordPress is a popular content management system (CMS) that enables users to create a website or blog from scratch, or to improve an existing website. To install WordPress on a Linode, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Linode account and visit the Linode website.
2. Click the “VPSs” link and select the appropriate Linode platform.
3. Click the “WordPress” link and select the appropriate Linode plan.
4. Click the “Create VPS” button.
5. Enter the requested information, including your Linode account username and password.
6. Select the desired location for your WordPress server, and click the “Create” button.
7. Review the information provided, and click the “Create VPS” button to continue.
8. After your WordPress server has been created, log in to the server and launch the WordPress installer.
9. Click the “Install WordPress” button to begin the installation process.
10. Enter the desired WordPress settings, and click the “Install” button to continue.
11. After WordPress has been installed, log in to the server and visit the WordPress website.
12. Click the “Settings” button and select the desired WordPress settings.
13. Review the information provided, and click the “Save” button to continue.
14. Click the “Back to WordPress” button to return to the WordPress website.
15. Click the “Install Plugins” button to install additional WordPress plugins.
16. Click the “Activate” button to activate your WordPress site.
17. Click the “Go to Your Site” button to visit your WordPress site.
18. Congratulations! Your WordPress site is now installed and ready to use.
1. WordPress requires a web server (such as Apache or Nginx), PHP, and MySQL to function. Make sure you have these components installed on your Linode before proceeding.
2. WordPress will need to be able to write to your Linode’s disk in order to install and upgrade itself. Make sure that the user account that you are using has write permissions to the directory where you plan on installing WordPress.
Failure to follow these instructions could result in an unusable WordPress installation. Please proceed with caution.