If you are using Joomla 3.x, then you should use the Joomla Update Manager to update your database. The Joomla Update Manager can be downloaded from the Joomla! website. If you are using Joomla 2.5 or 2.6, then you should use the commands described below.
To update your Joomla 2.5 or 2.6 database using the command line:
1. Log in to your Joomla! account.
2. Go to the folder where your Joomla installation is located.
3. Type the following command line:
- php -v
This will show you the version of the PHP interpreter that is being used.
4. If you are using Joomla 3.x, then you should use the Joomla Update Manager to update your database.
5 then you should use the following command line:
- php -u root -p /Joomla/bin/update.php
where is the path to your Joomla installation, and is the path to your Joomla database.
6. Enter the following data into the Update Database form:
- name of the database to be updated
- name of the database to which the data should be copied
7. Click the Update Database button.
8. The update process will start and will take some time to complete.
9. When the update process is complete, you will be prompted to log in to the updated database.
10. Enter the login credentials for the user account that was used to update the database.
11. Click the Log In button.
12. The updated database will be available for use.