Google’s cloud platform, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), has become one of the most popular choices for providers of IT infrastructure. According to a recent report from 451 Research, GCP is now the leading public cloud platform, accounting for more than a third of the market.
GCP is used by a variety of companies, including large enterprises and small businesses. As of September 2018, GCP was used by over 1,000 companies, with a total customer base of over 300 million users.
GCP is currently used by a wide range of industries, including technology, financial services, retail, and healthcare.
GCP is a comprehensive platform that provides a wide range of features and services. These features include:
• Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): GCP provides a variety of IaaS resources, including compute, storage, and networking services.
1) Security: Google Cloud is a cloud-based platform and as such, is subject to the same security risks as any other cloud-based platform. Companies should ensure that their data is properly secured when using Google Cloud.
2) Privacy: Google Cloud stores data in the cloud and thus it is subject to the same privacy risks as any other cloud-based platform. Companies should ensure that their data is properly protected when using Google Cloud.
3) Reliability: As with any cloud-based platform, there is always the risk that Google Cloud may experience downtime or other reliability issues. Companies should have a plan in place for how they will deal with such issues if they occur.
• Platform as a Service (PaaS): GCP offers a variety of PaaS resources, including Google App Engine, Google Cloud Platform Console, and Google Cloud Shell.
• Data Storage: GCP offers storage resources, including Google Cloud Storage and Google Cloud Datastore.
• App Development: GCP offers a variety of tools and services for app development, including Google Cloud Platform Console and Google Cloud Platform SDKs.
• Data Analysis: GCP offers a variety of data analysis tools, including Google BigQuery and Google Cloud Dataflow.
• Security: GCP offers a variety of security features, including encryption and access control.
The popularity of GCP is likely due to its comprehensive feature set and the wide range of services and capabilities that it offers. GCP is a great choice for providers of IT infrastructure, and it is likely that it will continue to be one of the most popular cloud platforms.