Linode is a web hosting company that has been around since 2001. The company offers a variety of web hosting plans, including a basic option, a standard plan, and a Premium plan. Linode is considered to be one of the most secure web hosting providers. In 2016, Linode was ranked #1 on the 2017 The Hacker News Cloud Security Report.
Linode also ranked #1 on the 2017 Web Hosting Industry Awards Best Cloud Hosting Provider list. Overall, Linode is considered to be a very secure web hosting provider.
1. Keep your operating system and software up to date. Security vulnerabilities are often exploited soon after they are discovered, so it’s important to patch your systems as soon as new updates are available.
2. Use strong passwords and two-factor authentication whenever possible. Linode provides two-factor authentication for SSH logins, but you should also enable it for any other services that support it (such as the Linode Manager).
3. Be aware of the risks of using public Wi-Fi networks. If you must use public Wi-Fi, make sure you’re using a VPN to encrypt your traffic.
4. Use caution when giving others access to your Linode account. If possible, use a separate account for shared access and limit the permissions that each user has. For example, if someone only needs to be able to read files on your Linode, don’t give them write access.
5. Regularly review your Linode’s security settings and logs. This will help
However, there is always the potential for a security breach. So, it is important to keep your Linode account secure. You can do this by following the instructions that Linode provides on its website.
Additionally, you can use a security tool such as the CloudFlare Security Checker to help protect your Linode account. Finally, always be aware of the latest security threats and keep your computer and online accounts secure.