Backup your Linode server
To back up your Linode server, perform the following steps:
1. On the Linode Control Panel, click System Backup.
2. Select the desired backup type and click Start.
3. The backup process will begin and will take a few minutes to complete.
4. Once the backup is complete, you will be prompted to confirm the backup.
5. Click Confirm to continue.
6. The backup file will be stored on your Linode server in the /var/backUPS folder.
7. To restore a backup, follow the instructions below.
8. To restore a backup, open a terminal window and navigate to the /var/backUPS folder.
9. Type the following command and press Enter:
- sudo rsync -avh –delete /var/backUPS/ /
10. If the backup contains data, you will be prompted to choose whether to overwrite the existing data or keep the data and restore it later.
11. After you have restored the backup, you can view the status of the backup by clicking System Backup on the Linode Control Panel.
Using the steps outlined in this article, you can easily backup your Linode server. Remember to keep a backup of your entire server, in case something goes wrong and you need to restore it.