If you run a Shopify store, you may want to consider collecting pending payments. This can be a helpful way to ensure that your customers are always paid and to keep your store running smoothly. Here are some tips on how to collect pending payments on Shopify:
1. Set up a payment gateway.
A payment gateway will allow you to accept payments from your customers through a secure connection. This will allow you to easily track payments and to process payments quickly.
2. Set up automatic payments.
Automated payments will help to ensure that your customers are always paid. You can set up automatic payments through your payment gateway, or you can set up your own payment processing system.
There are a few things that you can do to help ensure that your customers’ payments are processed quickly and efficiently:
1. First, make sure that you have entered the correct banking information in your Shopify settings. This includes your account number, routing number, and bank name.
2. Second, contact your bank or credit card company to verify that they are processing Shopify payments correctly.
3. Finally, if you are still having trouble with pending payments, you can reach out to Shopify’s support team for assistance.
3. Set up notifications.
Notifications will let you know when a payment has been received, processed, or declined. This will help you keep your store running smoothly.
4. Set up collections.
Collections will allow you to collect payments from your customers. This can be a helpful way to ensure that your customers are always paid.
5. Monitor your store.
Keep your store running smoothly by monitoring the status of payments and collections. This will help you to ensure that your customers are always paid.