Illustrator is a powerful vector graphics program that enables you to create detailed drawings and illustrations. One of the features of Illustrator is the ability to delete parts of objects.
To delete a part of an object in Illustrator, you can follow these steps:
1. Select the object you want to delete a part of using the “Selection tool” from the toolbar on the left.
2. Click the “Image Trace” button located in the “Quick Actions” window under the “Properties” tab. From there, select “High Fidelity Photo”.
3. The Illustrator system will then start the conversion process which will take some time depending on the quality of the image you selected and also, the specifications of your machine.
4. Once done, the “Expand” option will be available in the “Quick Actions” window in the “Properties” tab. Click on it.
5. From there, click on the “Lasso tool” from the left toolbar and use this to select the part of the object that you want to be deleted by drawing around it. Then, press the “Delete” button on your keyboard to delete the selected part of the object.
6. Now you have deleted a part of your object.
7. Once done, click the “Save” button to save your changes and download a copy.