In Illustrator, you can create a map by inserting it into your design using the Place command. The Place command can be found in the File menu, and it allows you to place a map in your design.
You can also use the Map window to add icons and symbols to your map.
To place a map in a design with the Place command, follow these steps:
1. Open the Illustrator file you want to create a map in.
2. Insert a map image file into your design using the Place command. To do this, go to the File menu and select “Place” from the options.
3. Click and drag on the document to start drawing your map over the design. Make sure that the areas you want to show are included on your map. You can resize this by clicking and dragging on the handles around it.
4. To add style to your map, you can insert it into a shape using the Clipping Mask Tool. To do this, select any of the Shape Tools that you want to use to style your map and place it above your map just enough so that the text and symbols in your map are visible.
5. When you’re finished, select both the map and the shape using the “Direct Selection Tool” then right-click on them and choose “Make Clipping Mask” from the options.
6. This will make the map take the shape of the object above it.
7. You can also add more maps to your design. Just select a new image and follow the steps above. And there you have it!