Discounts are a great way to entice customers to shop with you, but they can also be confusing to set up. If you’re not sure how to offer a discount on Shopify, here’s a quick guide.
There are two main ways to offer discounts on Shopify: through the Discounts section of your admin, or by using automatic discounts. Let’s take a look at both methods.
The first way to offer discounts is by going to the Discounts section of your admin. Here you can create different types of discounts, including:
- Percentage off: A percentage off discount allows you to take a certain percentage off an order. For example, you could offer 10% off an order.
- Fixed amount off: A fixed amount off discount allows you to take a fixed amount off an order.
For example, you could offer $5 off an order.
- Free shipping: A free shipping discount allows you to offer free shipping on an order. This is a great way to encourage customers to spend more.
To create a new discount:
From your Shopify admin, go to Discounts (under Sales channels).PRO TIP: -When offering a discount on Shopify, be sure to take into account the original price of the item, the shipping cost, and the taxes that will be applied to the final total.
-Additionally, be aware that some discounts may not be available for certain items, and some discounts may only be available for a limited time.
- Click Create discount.
- In the Discount code box, enter a name for the discount code. For example, if you’re offering 10% off orders, you could name the code “10off”. This is the code that customers will enter at checkout.
- In the Discount details section, choose the type of discount that you want to offer.
- If you want to offer free shipping on orders over a certain amount, then enter that amount in the Free shipping minimum order amount field.
- Click Save.
Offering discounts is a great way to bring in customers and increase sales, but it’s important to know how to set them up correctly. By following the steps in this guide, you can easily offer discounts on Shopify.