Azure migration journey is a complex and time-consuming process that involves the migration of all the data and applications to Azure. Here are the steps involved in this migration process:
1. Evaluate the current environment: This is the first step in the migration process and it involves assessing the current environment and understanding the business requirements.
2. Plan the migration: This involves creating a plan for migrating the data and applications to Azure.
3. Implement the migration: This involves deploying the data and applications to Azure and ensuring that everything works as expected.
4. Monitor and manage the migration: This involves monitoring the migration process and ensuring that everything is running smoothly.
5. Close the migration: This involves finalizing the migration process and cleaning up any remaining issues.
1. Complexity and cost – Migrating to Azure can be complex and costly. There may be hidden costs associated with data migration, application re-platforming, and other infrastructure changes.
2. Downtime – There is potential for application downtime during migration. It is important to plan for this possibility and have a robust backup and recovery plan in place.
3. Incompatibility – Not all applications and workloads are compatible with Azure. It is important to assess compatibility before beginning a migration.
4. Security – There are security risks associated with migrating data and applications to the cloud. It is important to understand these risks and have appropriate security controls in place.