The process of adding a Cname to HostGator can be a little daunting at first, but once you have a general understanding of the process and have a few tips and tricks handy, it becomes a breeze. Here are a few things to keep in mind when adding a Cname to HostGator:
1. Always create a new Cname account instead of using an existing account.
This way, you can be sure that the Cname is properly configured and working.
2. Once you have created your Cname account, log into HostGator and navigate to the Domains & Hosting section.
You will need to click on the Add a Domain button and then select the Cname option.
3. Enter the Cname information into the relevant fields.
You will need to provide the Cname’s full DNS name (such as example.com), the IP address of the HostGator server where the Cname will be hosted, and the port number (80 for HTTP and 443 for HTTPS).
4. Click on the Save button to save your Cname information.
5. Now you will need to create a new HostGator account and paste in the Cname information.
You will also need to supply the HostGator account’s password.
6. Click on the Create Hosting Account button to start the HostGator account creation process.
7. Once the HostGator account has been created, you will need to add the HostGator account to your Cname account.
To do this, click on the Cname Settings link in the Domains & Hosting section and then select the HostGator account from the list.
8. Enter the HostGator account’s password into the Password field and click on the Save button.
9. Finally, you will need to configure your web browser to use the Cname domain instead of the original domain.
To do this, open your web browser’s preferences and click on the advanced tab. Under the Network section, select the Use a different domain for this site check box and enter the Cname domain into the Domain field.
Congratulations! Your Cname account has been successfully added to HostGator and you can now start using it to access your HostGator account from any computer with internet access. If you ever need to update or change any of the Cname information, simply log into HostGator and navigate to the Domains & Hosting section.