In this article, we will be discussing how to set up a Minecraft server on Linode. There are a few things that you will need before getting started.
The first is a Linode account. Once you have an account, you will need to create a server. To do this, follow these steps:
1. From the Linode website, click on the Create Server link.
2. On the next page, enter the desired information for your new server. This includes the server’s name, the IP address, and the type of server.
3. Click on the Create Server button.
4. On the next page, review the settings and make any changes that you need. Once you are satisfied with the settings, click on the Create Server button.
5. After your server has been created, you will be prompted to login.
6. To do this, enter your Linode account information and click on the Login button.
7. Now that you have a server up and running, the next step is to install Minecraft. To do this, follow these steps:
8. On your server, open a terminal and enter the following command:
- curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Minecraft/Minecraft/master/installer/ Linode | bash
9. When the installer has finished, you will be prompted to enter the server’s IP address.
10. After entering this information, the installer will start and Minecraft will be installed on your server. To launch Minecraft, open a terminal and enter the following command:
11. If you are using a Linux distribution such as Ubuntu, you will need to add the following line to your .bashrc file:
12. If you are using a Windows distribution, you will need to install the Minecraft launcher. Once the launcher has been installed, you can launch Minecraft by entering the following command:
13. Finally, to terminate Minecraft, enter the following command:
The conclusion of this article is that setting up a Minecraft server on Linode is straightforward and can be done in a few short steps. It is also important to note that you will need to be familiar with the command line in order to set up and operate your server.
Overall, setting up a Minecraft server on Linode is a great way to have fun with friends or family.