As a Shopify merchant, you can use test orders to make sure that your shop and payment gateway are working properly. Test orders also let you see how your customers will experience your shop before you go live.
In this article, we’ll show you how to create a test order in Shopify.
Before you create a test order, make sure that your shop is in development mode. Test orders placed in development mode aren’t processed by your payment gateway and don’t appear in your shop’s order history.
To create a test order:
- From your Shopify admin, go to Orders.
- Click Create Order.
- In the Customer section, enter the email address of the customer who placed the order. If you want to use a different email address for the customer, then enter it in the Email field.
- In the Shipping section, add the customer’s shipping address. If you want to use a different shipping address for the customer, then enter it in the Shipping Address field.
- In the Billing section, add the customer’s billing address. If you want to use a different billing address for the customer, then enter it in the Billing Address field.
- In the Order Summary section, add any products that you want to include in the order. You can also add gift cards and manually adjust the price of products.
- When you’re done adding products, click “Add Order”. This adds the order to your shop’s “Draft Orders”. You can now process this draft order like any other order.
After following these steps, you have created a test order in Shopify! Creating test orders is a great way to make sure that your shop and payment gateway are working properly before going live.