Making a prototype from scratch can be daunting, but with a little bit of planning and some helpful tools, it’s totally doable. Here’s a step-by-step guide to making a prototype from scratch using Sketch and InVision.
1. Begin by creating a new document in Sketch and filling it with a basic layout.
You can use any type of layout you like, but a simple one will work fine for this tutorial.
2. Next, add some basic elements to your design.
In this example, we’ll add a label and a button.
3. Next, we’ll add some basic animation.
To do this, we’ll use the Animator tool and add some simple motion to our label and button.
4. Now that our design is ready, we need to export it to InVision.
To do this, click on the File menu and select Export.
5. On the Export dialog box, select Sketch File (.
sketch) as the format and click on the OK button.
6. Next, open InVision and select File > New > Sketch File.
7. On the New Sketch File dialog box, enter your project name and click on the OK button.
8. In the new InVision sketch file, you’ll now see the exported Sketch file listed under Files.
Double-click on it to open it in Sketch.
9. Next, we’ll need to import the animation we created in Sketch into InVision.
To do this, select the animation clip in Sketch and click on the Import button in the toolbar.
10. In the Import dialog box, select the Import from Sketch File option and click on the OK button.
11. Now that the animation is imported, we need to adjust the timing.
To do this, select the animation clip in InVision and click on the Timing button in the toolbar.
12. In the Timing dialog box, click on the Speed slider to change the speed of the animation and click on the Advanced button to change the timing options.
13. Finally, we’ll need to adjust the size of the animation in InVision.
To do this, select the animation clip and click on the Size button in the toolbar.
14. In the Size dialog box, change the Width and Height values to match the size of the Sketch file and click on the OK button.
15. Now that the animation is adjusted, we need to add it to our design in InVision.
To do this, click on the Animator button in the toolbar and select the animation clip.
16. Next, click on the Add to Design button in the toolbar and select the layout you created in Step 1.
17. Finally, add the button and label to the layout and you’re done! You can test your prototype by clicking on the Run button in the toolbar and watching the animation play.
Congratulations on making your first prototype! In this tutorial, we’ve shown you how to create a basic prototype using Sketch and InVision. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below.