If you want to point your domain to Linode, you first need to go to the domain registrar side and then proceed to the Linode side. Once you’ve created an account and associated your domain with it, your site should be up and set up to accept traffic. In this tutorial, we will be pointing a GoDaddy domain to Linode. To point your domain to Linode, simply follow these steps:
1. Go to your Domain Portfolio in GoDaddy and select the domain link that you want to point to Linode.
2. On the next page, go to the DNS tab and select the Nameservers option. From there, click on the “Change Nameservers” button.
3. In the Edit nameservers window that will appear, select the “I’ll use my own nameservers” option and input Linode’s nameservers in the fields provided. Here are Linode’s nameservers:
4. A new pop-up window will then appear, asking you to confirm the update on the nameservers. Simply click on the “Continue” button to confirm.
5. Once done setting up the nameservers in your GoDaddy domain, proceed to your Linode account and create an A record for your domain. To do this, select the “Domains” option from the left panel of your Linode Dashboard. Then, click on the “Create Domain” button.
6. Input the details of your domain and click on the “Create Domain” button.
7. After creating your domain, you will be redirected to the Domains page. Scroll down to the A/AAAA Record section and click on the “Add An A/AAAA Record” button.
8. In the Create A/AAAA Record panel that will appear, input your Linode’s IP Address on the field provided and click on the “Save” button. And that’s it!
If you have any questions or problems in pointing your domain to Linode, please contact us at support@Linode.com.